- Read https://ctlsites.uga.edu/hist2111-wolf2015/2015/11/30/pro-slavery-ideology-in-the-south/.
- Read (The overview and the decision): http://landmarkcases.org/en/landmark/cases/dred_scott_v_sandford
- Read Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, Written by Herself by Harriet A. Jacobs available online from this site: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11030.
- Read http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/
- Read http://bbc.co.uk/ethics/
- Read http://www.antislavery.org/
slavery-today/modern-slavery (main article and the “Take Action” link).
- Read https://www.theatlantic.com/
- In an essay, compare and contrast Harriet A. Jacobs’ life with that of Eudocia Tomas Pulido. Use specific references from the texts.
- In an essay, describe your reaction upon learning of modern slavery. Using specific references from the texts, answer this question: Based on the “Take Action” link, what would you do to protest or help? (And if not, why not?)